Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Emerald Cup 2015 - Holland Matheson, Figure

Figure competitor Holland captured second-place honors in the "D" class at the 2015 Emerald Cup. On stage, she brings a great package to the game, from her smile, to her cover-model good looks, to the confidence she exudes when hitting her poses. Definitely another Emerald Cup competitor you'll want to follow.

How old are you?

I'm 24-years-old.

What is your height, your competition weight and off-season weight?

I'm a little over 5'4", my competition weight is around 130 pounds and my off-season weight is around 135 pounds.

Were you athletic growing up?

I was very athletic growing up. I was a competitive elite gymnast for 17 years. The last four were spent with the NCAA.

How did you get started lifting weights and training?

Lifting weights was crucial for my performance in my gymnastics career. I've had a solid weight training foundation ever since I was eight-years-old!

How old were you when you did your first show?

I was 23.

What inspired you to start competing?

I was doing a lot of endurance races and events and never felt satisfied. Once my coworker showed me her stage photos from past competitions, I knew I was ready to take my athletic career to the next level.

What are your goals as a competitor?

To win my pro card and become one of the top athletes at the IFBB level.

Do you enjoy performing onstage?

It's my favorite part of this sport! I have such a euphoric feeling when I'm on stage.


Get $5 Off Any Order of $100 or More at Bodybuilding.com! Shop Now!


How does your physique/lifestyle affect how people interact with you?

This lifestyle has blessed me with the opportunity to meet so many wonderfully talented people. The world of bodybuilding is one of support and camaraderie. I'm grateful to be influenced and motivated by such strong people every day!

If you could change one thing about your physique, what would it be?

I would like for my shoulders to improve and mature as I grow into this sport.

What do you think is the strongest part of your physique?

My quads have really developed over the years and I love to train them too!

What is your profession?

I'm a certified personal trainer and nutritionist.

What's one thing about you that people would be surprised to find out?

I love any and all peanut butter-chocolate desserts!

Where can we see more of you?

Follow me on Instagram.

See Wendy Lindquist interview with Holland on YouTube





No comments:

Post a Comment