Thursday, May 26, 2016

Emerald Cup 2016 - Samy Monteiro

Competing for just her first time, Samy walked away with third-place in a competitive Bikini H class. Not a bad way to make your debut.

Let's start with your stats.

I'm 5-9; competition weight 145-148 lbs @ 5% body fat; off-season weight 158-160 lbs; and I'm 24.


This Emerald Cup was your first show. What did you experience stepping on stage for your first time?


Being on stage was the most incredible experience ever! I looked the best I ever have in my whole life and I loved showing off all my hard work! I was instantly addicted! I was definitely really nervous and super excited at the same time! But I walked out there with confidence and let my personality shine through!


What's the best tip you could give someone competing for the first time?


Get on the right team; follow your meal plan; do your cardio; always have a winning attitude; and most of all, trust the plan and BELIEVE in yourself.
How long have you been training?


I started light weight training when I was 20 and intensive on and off training when I turned 23. I joined Construction Zone in Issaquah, WA in October of 2015 so that I could get trained by a professional. I ended up working with Pete Grubbs.


Samy Monteiro

How did you get your start lifting weights and training?


My fiancé has always trained so he got me started weightlifting. Back in October I decided to start training with Pete to get in great shape for my wedding on June 30, 2016. Since I was already dieting and training, my trainer Pete suggested that I should compete at Emerald Cup and despite how intimidating that sounded, I decided to say yes. I have always loved challenging myself so I thought, why not! But I had no idea what I had just gotten myself into! Haha.



Were you athletic growing up?


Yes, I've always had an athletic build and played sports such as volleyball and dance team growing up. But bodybuilding is the first sport I've actually fallen in love with and felt like I actually fit in.


What are your goals as a competitor?


With me placing for Nationals, I have definitely been considering a future with many more competitions in it. My goal is to only keep getting better and better with every competition. I want to take my body to the next level, make less mistakes each time, and become mentally and emotionally stronger.


What inspired you to start competing?
It actually took me a couple months to agree to compete, and during that time I watched other people's experiences and was fascinated by the results that I someday could possibly achieve as well. I'm a very competitive person in general, so I naturally craved the challenge that I had just come across. I thought that if I could accomplish this, then I would be able to accomplish anything I set my mind to.


What is your profession?


I am a lash-extension stylist and an airbrush tanning technician.


What's one thing about you that people would be surprised to know?


I speak three languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and English. And...well I'm a total rocker chick! People look at me and think I'm super girly (because I wear pink and I'm obsessed with Michael Kors) so they would never guess that my favorite band in the entire world is Deftones! Ha!


Where can we see more of you?
Facebook 

Instagram

For more information on the Emerald Cup visit www.craigproductions.com


Samy Monteiro

Samy Monteiro






No comments:

Post a Comment