Thursday, February 18, 2016

Vancouver Pro/Am & Expo 2015 - Jodi Boam, IFBB Fitness Pro


What are your stats?


I'm 28, 5-2 tall, 108-110 lbs onstage and 118-123 lbs offseason.


How did you get started lifting weights and training? 


I was a national-level gymnast up until I was 17 when I was forced to retire. From there I decided to start weightlifting just to stay in shape. I quickly realized I need to remain competitive somehow and be able to work toward a goal and perform as it's truly what I'm passionate about. That's when I was introduced to fitness through great friends and coaches. From that moment I've never looked back. It's my true calling. 


Were you athletic growing up?


Very. Since I was very young, I was in gymnastics, swimming, dance, etc. I quickly became a high-level competitive gymnast and trained up to 30 hours a week for nearly 10 years. Best thing I ever did and I still miss those training days. 


How old were you when you did your first show? 


Just turned 19 when I first hit the stage in an OPA Fitness event. 


What inspired you to start competing?


Just the need to be competitive and my passion to have a goal to work towards. Being very active and an athlete, this sport was the perfect fit for testing my discipline, dedication, work ethic and will power. I love the challenge both mentally and physically. 


What are your goals as a competitor?


Currently, my goal is to qualify for the Olympia in 2016 for women's physique. This would be a huge accomplishment for me considering I'm coming from the fitness background and working my way up. End goal - top Olympian. 

Where can we see more of you? 

Facebook

Website

See Jodi's slideshow on YouTube.

Make sure you check out the Vancouver Pro/Am & Expo show on July 9 & 10, 2016.





No comments:

Post a Comment